Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend update!

Saturday, March 26, 2011:
Today we finished our last walk for our London Walks class. Our walk went through Borough Market - it was awesome! Borough Market is mostly a food market which is underneath one of the bridges here in London. They have everything from juice drinks, to kangaroo burgers, to crepes, and so much more. We got these amazing grilled cheese sandwiches that I can't even describe how good they are. I also bought some yoghurt covered bananas and almonds. Yummy! After the market we walked along the Thames to cross over Tower Bridge. So much fun! It was such a fun day to spend with my London Lovies....I love them more than they even know!!

We shared our grilled cheese...Of course. :)
Friday, March 25, 2011:

Today we went to Stratford and we went on a tour of Shakepseare's birthplace and the home he grew up in. The actual tour was Disney-esque and kind of weird. But that part with his house in it was pretty cool! There was one room that was the original flooring from when Shakespeare lived in that house and so our tour guide said, "You are actually walking in the footsteps of William Shakespeare." Cool, huh? We were way hungry after the tour so we stopped at an Italian bistro and got some food! I got ravioli..It was yummy! Can't wait for REAL ITALIAN!!! After dinner we walked to the church where Shakespeare is buried, but it was closed. So we took a pic by the church and headed to the theater to see King Lear. It was amazing! I never thought I would enjoy sitting through a three and a half hour Shakespearean play, but I did! There were a few parts in it that caught me/us off guard...But in general, it was really very good! We hopped on the bus and drove back to London. We got home at 1 am...It was a long bus ride...The last!! :(

Shakespeare's childhood home.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Much more fun than my weekend. I was pretty much wasted from my test that I did nothing productive over the weekend. Oh well! That grilled cheese looks so yummy! I miss you so! Please enjoy your last few weeks but come home and play with me and help me shop for the baby! Ok...ok! Love you sissy!

    ReplyDelete