Monday, April 18, 2011

Germany - Day 5

Today we woke up at nine which was really nice of Rebecca and Tom and they made us a real German breakfast. We had white sausage, carbonated apple juice, bread an pretzels with hazelnut spread thats even better than nutella, and more sausage. It was surprisingly very good! Rebecca and Tom have the cutest children: Phillip who's ten months old, and Leah who's two. She has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen and she thinks we can understand her when she talks to us in German. It's adorable. She told me today that I have lots of beautiful hair and that I should lick it. She also told me that she's going to buy me chocolate ice cream. (this was all in German of course) We did the dishes and got the kids ready and headed to the police station to report carly's list eurail pass. We're lucky we had Rebecca to help translate...we figured it out! Then we got on a train to Regensburg - beautiful city where the Regen and Danube rivers meet. We walked around for a bit, went into the big cathedral there, across the bridge, and got on another bus to Walhalla where there's a big/small pantheon-like building with the most amazing view of the countryside of Germany.







I am in love with each country I have seen so far! I am so blessed to be able to do this and see these amazing places in the world. When we got back to Rebecca and tom's house carly and I helped rebecca make schpetzla (noodle type things) and schnitzel (yummy breaded chicken). It was fun and VERY good!!! We discovered a German carbonated apple juice called Apfleschorle and it was amazing! After dinner we walked through the city of Landsut and got ice cream!

(Tallest brick tower in Europe!)


No comments:

Post a Comment