Saturday, April 16, 2011

Switzerland - Day 3


Today we woke up pretty early and were on our way to Zermatt. We had to take two different trains to get there, but it was well worth it! I didn't remember a whole lot from when my family and I came but as we rode the second train up the mountain and got off in Zermatt, the memories came flooding back. Like when my mom gave me money to buy a water in a little convenient store and I came out with sparkling water instead of stilled and I was so confused because I had no idea that there was such a thing as sparkling water. We walked up quite a ways and stopped and ate the lunch we made ourselves for the day aka ham an cheese on a big fresh loaf of bread. It was delicious. We sat and enjoyed the fresh mountain air for a while and then had our usual photo shoot before beginning out hike up the base of the Matterhorn.




We hiked for about forty five minutes and decided to take a seat on one of the benches on the trail and soak up some of the Swiss sun and air. Carl and i rolled up our pants and sleeves, took off our shoes and sat and read for a while. Then we walked back down, looked at some souvenir shops, I got a chocolate cookie thing that melted in my mouth, and we hopped on the train to head down the mountain.





We got out a deck of cards planning on playing a game if some sort but all ended up falling asleep. The second train ride back to Zurich was long and hysterical because this extremely happy drunk man, probably in his fifties, sat next to carly and I and was trying to talk to us in German for about an hour before he got off in bern. He spent a good fifteen minutes trying to figure out what the word "schparkle" in german means in English. A woman walked past and nonchalantly say "asparagus". Haha. So basically this guy was trying to tell us that he crops we were seeing outside was asparagus. He also threw in a few other words in English like "lake", "Obama", "Orlando", "plastic", and a few over random words. I tried so hard not to laugh that I had to let it out extra hard when he started laughing. It was a funny hour in time and I will probably always remember the train ride from zermatt to Zurich.


Then later we ate dinner with the Rothman's (Janine's family). We had a very Swiss dinner of a pasta with potatoes in it and then you dip it in applesauce. It sounds disgusting but is, in fact, delicious! After dinner, we all watched a different movie: Ramzi watched star wars 3 with Janine and her brothers, bro and Sis Rothman watched Harry potter, and carly and I watched Tangled on Michelle's 3D tv. It was fun and relaxin after the long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment