Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Here comes the sun...


Today was the most beautiful day we've had in London yet! The sun came out and it made us all so happy we couldn't resist whippin out our sunglasses! We have a lot to do before we leave for Scotland tomorrow so we decided to get as much done today as we could. A few of us went to the Wallace Collection before class and this was the first museum that I actually wanted to stay longer in. It was a very small and intimate gallery with tons of paintings and many ornate jewelry boxes. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Came home and tried working on more homework. It lasted about 20 minutes before I fell asleep for my afternoon nap. :) Next we went to class and talked about Scotland and William Wallace and the 100 Year's War...Pretty interesting. After class we wanted to get another one of our London Walks in before we leave. It was my favorite walk so far because we got to walk along the Thames and by the London Eye and across Waterloo Bridge. We even took our coats off...It was brilliant!

Off to Scotland tomorrow morning at 7 am! We're staying in hostels this weekend...We'll see how they go. I'm really excited! Now that it's starting to warm up here in London we get to go up north to the freezing pits of Scotland! I'm not complaining, I promise. I will take lots of pictures and will post them by Sunday or Monday...it's going to be a crazy weekend! I really can't wait! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend too. Stay warm, wherever you are.

Love always,
Liz



No comments:

Post a Comment