Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Temple Trip



We got to go to the London temple today. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've had in a while. I have always had a love for the temple and a strong desire to go often. It took about an hour to get there on our bus. Not everyone could get their recommends renewed in time so the group was smaller than usual. The London temple is bigger than I expected and the baptistry itself is a lot bigger than the Logan temple. It is a beautiful temple. We only had our two directors and one boy to help out but the workers had everything very organized which was nice. When we got inside, the biggest wave of peace and love and joy came over me. I had forgotten how much I love being inside the temple. While waiting to be baptized, we sang hymns in the waiting room. We all know what hymns can do to us when we feel the Spirit. It was overwhelming. We continued singing while taking turns being baptized and confirmed. Seven of my ten names were Elizabeth. That was neat. Once we were all back in the waiting room, we sang "The Spirit of God". I'm pretty sure almost every girl in that room was crying. The Spirit was incredibly strong. I am so grateful for temples and for this experience. I needed a little spiritual boost of energy and this definitely did it for me.

Have a fabulous day!

- Liz

1 comment:

  1. Soooo wonderful! You are one of the best examples of how frequent temple attendance brings the most amazing experiences, no matter where you live or how busy you are! Glad it was an awesome experience. I'm proud of your righteous desires and good example. Love oodles...Mum

    ReplyDelete