Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The "Tube"pay

Today was a great day. First off, we didn't have school. And second, I feel like I accomplished a lot. I missed breakfast and slept in, which was much needed. But don't worry. I bought myself some bread and Nutella in case that ever happened. It was a satisfying breakfast. After my Nutella-toast, Elise, Ramzi, Ashley, and I went to the Victoria & Albert museum for our Fine Arts class. We were there for about an hour and then decided to walk home through Hyde Park. The sun was shining, which is a BIG DEAL here and the walk home was just absolutely wonderful! It does kind of stink when the sun comes out, though, because it's way colder when there aren't clouds in the sky!

We got home, ate some lunch, and then I decided to join in on one of the "London Walks" that a few people were doing today. (**One of our classes is called "London Walks" and basically we have to complete 12 walks around London throughout the semester and then write a paragraph about what we saw.) The walk was amazing! We walked around the business part of London and I really loved seeing all the locals in the work attire and hurrying to work. We stopped at "Ben's Cookies" - ironic, I know - and I got the best double chocolate cookie I have ever had! It was brilliant. The end of the walk was fun because we got to walk through old alleyways and see some very old architecture and historical buildings. We walked past the London Tower and along the Thames River which was beautiful with the sun shining off it. The walk was supposed to talk an hour and a half and ended up taking us 3 hours because of slow walkers and lots of pictures. It was still fun though and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We came home, ate dinner, and then went to Tesco to get some fruit and snacks for our trip this weekend. I just finished up most of my homework for the weekend so I don't have to worry about doing it late on Saturday night when we get back! I am excited for this trip (up north - Liverpool, York, and Preston) and to see the beautiful countryside of England! AND it's supposed to be SUNNY all weekend! Yippee!! I will soak up the vitamin D as long as I can get it! :)

Well I won't be posting until Saturday or Sunday so I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

Love,
Liz
Haley & I
Weirdos...
Piggyback Buds
Bridge & Thames
Jamie and I

BEST cookies in London...

...and I'm not being bias.

5 comments:

  1. P.S. The reason I named this post "The 'Tube'pay" is because we saw an old man on the Tube today wearing a toupee today....EPIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on all of your adventures! Soooo fun! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you kept that little cookie bag...for your scrapbook. You always look extra-happy when you're surrounded by "Ben's"! And I'm not being biased :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what an adventure you having! Sounds absolutely heavenly! Enjoy some English countryside for me will ya? Love you Liz!

    ReplyDelete