Monday, January 31, 2011

Parliament, Church, Les Miserables!

Sorry it's been a few days since I've posted! I'm going to give a short overview of the weekend because it's past my bedtime!

Saturday I woke up and worked out with Kaylee - she's hard core and that's just what I need! We then had breakfast and I went upstairs and forgot that I told Carly I would run with her...Oops! I felt bad when she was all ready to go so I decided to just go with her anyways. It's not very fun running on a full stomach AND when you just did hundreds of squats too. It was fun nonetheless because we ran through Hyde Park! We're going to try and keep doing it. I think we can do it! I need it. We then went to Parliament and saw where the Queen walks in and does her stuff once a year. It was really interesting learning about all of it and I recommend going on the tour next time you come to London. ;) I really liked it a lot. As we were coming out, a huge student protest was just starting. We decided to get out of there as fast as we could, so we got on the Tube and went to Oxford Street to get some lunch. We went to a little cafe called Bella Italia and it was amazing! Sharon and I shared some lasagna and it definitely touched the spot! I have a weakness when it comes to Italian food. Then we came home and I took an hour nap because I had a headache and then we went out for Annie's 20th birthday! Her birthday was actually yesterday (January 30th), but we wanted it to be fun and Sundays are hard to go out and do a lot of things..Especially in London. So we went to a really cool mall and shopped around for a while and then went to GBK (Gourmet Burger Kitchen) for dinner. It was amazing!! Oh and no, I didn't get a hamburger...I got a chicken burger. Oh man, it was good. I kinda want one right now.

Yesterday was a fun Sunday. Sundays are usually REALLY long here because we have to travel far and yeah, but it was a good one yesterday! Mine and Lyse's singing time went well and I am getting a lot better at pronouncing the kids' names! I love them. They're so cute with their little accents and especially their attitudes. They are hilarious. I did get asked to speak in Church on the 13th, so that'll be fun! ;)

Today Ashley, Paige, and I went to the National Gallery for our class and it was pretty good! The art in this museum was a lot more interesting to me than in the British Museum. It's fun for me to see the different museums. I really like my Fine Arts class. It's a good one. After the museum, I went to class and then did homework before dinner...We had hot dogs! I can't believe I'm admitting to this, but I ate 3 hot dogs. For some reason they just tasted so good to me I couldn't stop!


After dinner we went to see Les Miserables!! It was AMAZING!!! I hadn't seen it before so I didn't really know what to expect, but it was absolutely breathtaking and it moved me more than any other musical. I want to see it again, it was so good. Everyone should see it!! We did take a picture outside the building with the sign, but it's on Carly's camera so I'll get it from her tomorrow..or you can just go to her blog that's linked to mine. It's called 'Carly's Grand Adventures'.

Tomorrow I've got to do a lot of homework because we're going to Paris on Friday! I'm so excited! After class, we're going to Afternoon Tea at Kensington Palace! I am way excited for that. It will be neat. I'll let you know how it goes!!

Have a great day!

- Liz

P.S. My favorite big brother, Spencer, got engaged on Saturday night!!! He proposed on the gondola up Mt. Baldy in Sun Valley. There was a nice dinner with roses overlooking the valley waiting for them at the top. How cute!! You are made for each other. :)I love you, Spence, and I love you too, Mary!! Welcome to the family!! I'm so excited to have another amazing big sister!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! Oh and it also sounds like this next one will be pretty good too! Can't wait to see pictures of Paris! Keep updating your blog, even if you don't have pics...just love to hear how you are doing! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les Mis in London was the highlight of my life. Haha, but seriously, SO AMAZING. LIZ!! I'm so glad you are having so much fun!!!!! I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just too gorgeous! haha, good thing i don't have to compete with you! miss ya, love ya!

    ReplyDelete